Sunday, February 26, 2006

Threw my game

I will have a real post soon, but real quick:

I ran into a guy from Chicago last night, so I have ended up listening to a great deal of my dad's favorite rapper, Kanye (because he is so Chi that you thought he was bashful).

Anyway, I was amused by the end of Kanye produced Cam'Ron's song "Down and Out". After a standard list of mid-west American cities, Cam'ron raps:

"You know what it is Ohio
Columbus holla at ya boy
You know what else I do
Dayton, Youngstown, Cleveland, Cincinnati"

That's right, Dayton! 這個 what? (and if you get that joke, please leave a comment). Anyway, the only way he could have made me happier is if he made a reference to Troy (my father's family is living in that area for those of you not up on your Matt trivia).

Also of note, in Kanye's excellent "Get Em' High" features a reference by Common to Boulder, "Boulder to Denver, I ain't a Madd Rapper just a MC with a temper." Now if Longmont or Tainan gets in his canon, I can call it a day.

No comments: