Monday, November 06, 2006

Getting my name

Okay, this has got to be the last blog post for this weekend, but I am actually a bit excited about a new development. My name finally goes to me in Google.

For as awesome as my parents are, they were not necessarily very creative with my name. For instance, Matt Warner on face book pulls up 60 people with my exact name. I would not be entirely surprised if there is another Matthew Kendall Warner out there.

However, now for the first time that I have found, if you google Matthew Warner or Matt Warner, I actually come up on the first set of pages. In fact, I am number two under Matthew Warner, passing all but a writer who actually writes horror novels about China (when I was thinking about becoming a writer, that was a bit discouraging).

I like this overall because I have been developing websites for as long as I can remember but never really developed much of a presence.

This is not exactly a presence per se, but there is a lot of material, and some of it is worth reading (I liked some of my blog posts in China). Although most of this blog is actually trivial (obscenely so, see last post), its cool to get my name on the web.

It might actually hurt for job interviews, I hear that they more and more look for blogs. However I am not especially ashamed of my personality. If I get judged unworthy based on a blog that has at least some thought value from time to time, I probably should not get that job in the first place.

8 comments:

Oldmath said...

I found this web site when I googled "Matt Warner" but you are the wrong one.

Matthew K Warner said...

Well...ummm...now I am not! Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Would you have preferred George, Simon, or Murgatroyd? Those were, if I remember correctly, the choices.

Daddy said...

Actually "Kate" was by far the favorite. I still think we could have made that work.

Anonymous said...

I still think of him as Katie, yesh.

Matthew K Warner said...

Who are you people?...

Anonymous said...

Those who love you the most.

Anonymous said...

Katie sounds good...